The Annoying Z's


Have you ever realized when you just wake up and there’s nothing to do that day, your body will tell you, no matter what it takes, that more sleep is more important than anything else? In Maus, Spiegelman expresses a similar idea when Art calls his dad a “murderer” twice. It shows that when you’re angry, you would say some things that you would normally not say, which relates to your body forcing you to sleep more, when in reality, there’s more important things to do. Our body and brain really just have minds of their own.
Image result for sleep emojiI never really understood why our bodies do this. It’s true that it’s probably because we need more sleep, but can’t our brain understand that we only live a certain amount of time, and we shouldn’t waste anymore on sleep? It’s particularly annoying that we have to suffer through this every single day to try and get up for school. Imagine how much better life would be if we could get up without “that” feeling every time.
Have you ever fallen asleep while reading? Of course you have, you’re taking 11 AP. Whenever I’m reading, or just working on homework in general, it feels as if 20 pound weights sprouted out of my eyelids, pulling them down no matter what I try to do, and next thing you know, it’s 3 am in the morning and I have to finish my homework before school starts. I realize that sleep is important, but is it really THAT important?

Comments

  1. Ahahaha falling asleep while reading cracks me up and it's so relatable. I agree with you how tricky it is to apply a schedule for sleeping. We always want more time to do things, but we also need sleep. "That" feeling we all wake up to is something to be payed attention to. I think the "that" feeling comes from unable to focus or identify priorities. Fortunately, 11 AP forces us to learn that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this is a very interesting post. My thoughts are that humans have evolved to get a lot of sleep. Back then, there were no clocks to tell the time; there was only the sun. So I think when we are forced to wake up with less than 5 hours of sleep, it's our body's internal instinct to try and get more sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment