You Only Live Once

What does motivation come from? Is it from your surroundings or your brain? In many cases, your friends, family, and even strangers can help motivate you. However, in Pilate’s case, society did not help her at all. With statements like “where’s your navel” (Morrison 143) and “she was to leave” (Morrison 144) being thrown at her constantly, she still stood strong and motivated herself to move on and do the exact same thing, only to be brought with the same obstacle.
Image result for motivation

The situation of Pilate got me thinking about our lives. Everything possible was against Pilate, yet, she still motivated herself to live life as she pleased and not give up. However, in our lives, we’re blessed with parents that will support most of our decisions and help us with our lives. In my case, there hasn’t ever been a moment where I felt hungry and there was no food at the table, or a moment where I didn’t have a bed to sleep on. Yet, we still find it hard to find motivation in life sometimes. Is it because we already have everything we need? I believe that we should not just live life to survive, but live life to find our purpose. Instead of sitting on your bed watching YouTube all day, you should get up and climb the stairs of life because You Only Live Once!

Comments

  1. Yes! Life is really like do or die, living on the edge is what we all have to experience at some point in our lives. But it is important that we keep our head straight ahead and pursue that goal or shinning star in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you wholly, Bright! We seem to focus on a lot of smaller unimportant details in our lives. And although what's important is up for interpretation, I still think that we should always be looking forward to what we are working towards. Thanks for this blog post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this post! I think it’s so important to think about finding your purpose in life and living to the max. Often times, I think humans do not reach their full potential and just scrap by with the bare minimum.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment